How can you do more with less? In today’s busy roaming world, establishing roaming agreements with MNOs to gain global coverage is becoming increasingly challenging. Roaming Managers might feel that they are in an uphill struggle!
But don’t worry, you are not alone in these challenges!
At Comfone, we hear increasingly from Roaming Managers about the challenges that they face when it comes to the daily running of the roaming business.
In this blog, we will be discussing the challenges faced by Roaming Managers, and provide some solutions to these issues.
What are the challenges faced by Roaming Managers?
Reduction in resources
You might be facing a significant reduction in the resources available to manage and operate roaming businesses, whilst also dealing with an intensifying need for additional services and gaining global coverage. How can you do more with less?
Sunset of 2G & 3G networks
Have you planned to sunset these networks yet?
Many Roaming Managers have a heavy demand for VoLTE and 5G services already, despite the LTE service rollout not yet being complete. This is urgently required to cope with the sunset of 2G and 3G networks.
M2M/ IoT devices
LTE-M and NB-IoT technologies require rollout due to the billions of M2M/IoT devices already being used daily. The expectation is that these devices will rise exponentially in the coming years.
The new Billing and Charging Evolution is already here opening the door to new and complex charging models
The complete new 5G Architecture that will bring new opportunities and new challenges.
This means that launching and maintaining new operators and services is becoming progressively more difficult, complex, and above all, time consuming.
What can Roaming Managers do?
Comfone´s Key2roam Hub service is the largest Hub in the industry, bigger than all of the others combined. This is perfect for helping you gain global coverage. We have over 20 years of experience and expertise managing Roaming Agreements, and are in daily contact with MNOs from around the world, which has allowed us to establish deep working relationships.
This provides us with leverage for prioritised requests.
Furthermore, our team is located worldwide, overcoming time-difference and language barriers that can significantly speed up the launch of new roaming agreements and new services.
All of this has led to us developing a new bilateral roaming service, the Roaming Relations Management service (RRM), which is powered by Key2roam Hub.
What does RRM do?
Roaming Relations Management Service is used in conjunction with Key2roam Hub Service. It takes advantage of the benefits of a Roaming Hub solution to optimise the rollout of direct roaming relations.
The Roaming Relations Management Service provides a smart solution for Client Operators looking for a complete Roaming Management solution delivered by an experienced team that can launch new operators and services in a short time frame.
With RRM the world is (y)our footprint.
A significant number of tasks can be outsourced to Comfone, leaving only minimal involvement from your technical and commercial teams.
Service features include:
- Single point of contact – through a dedicated Roaming Manager for all roaming agreements and enquiries
- Fully compliant – the service is based on the GSMA PRD standards and the high-level requirements for Open Connectivity
- Agreement management – AA.12 / AA.13 / AA.xx International Roaming Agreements Management and Discount IOT Management
- Roaming connections management – All coordination to launch new partners and new services with existing partners
- All services available – Voice / SMS, CAMEL, 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE / VoLTE), 5G, LTE-M, NB-IoT
- Unilateral and Bilateral service launches
- IREG & TADIG testing – all required tests for activating new relations and services are performed remotely by Comfone´s IREG & TADIG Teams (subject to the availability of Remote Test probes in the required locations)
- Inclusion of Comfone’s Pulse – the web based sophisticated reporting tool and online community portal with an extended portfolio of apps that helps drive roaming businesses forward
All of these features are powered by Comfone’s state-of-the-art SS7 and Diameter Signalling, GRX/IPX, Data & Financial Clearing / Settlement Services, and coordinated by experienced Roaming Management experts.
Are you interested in learning more about how RRM can support your roaming business?
Contact us today at email@example.com